NYS Criminal Procedure Law
This site contains a listing of the New York Alcoholic Beverage Control Law, the New York Criminal Procedure Law, the New York Penal Law and the New York Vehicle and Traffic Law. This section contains an index of the Criminal Procedure Law of New York State.
New York Criminal Procedure Law
The consolidated Criminal Procedure Laws of New York State.
New York State Law Search - ABC, CPL, Penal Law, VTL
New York Navigation Law - Operation of Vessel While Under Influence Alcohol or Drugs
Spelling and Searching the Law - Law Term Spelling Guide
Website FAQ's and Search Tips - Frequently Asked Questions / Search Tips
Criminal Procedure Law POPULAR ARTICLES - Most viewed CPL articles / sections
Laws of New York - Criminal Procedure LawCriminal Procedure Law Index. View Expanded CPL Index.
General Principles Relating to Requirements for and Exemptions from Criminal Prosecution
- ARTICLE 20 (20.10 - 20.60) - Geographical Jurisdiction of Offenses
- ARTICLE 30 (30.10 - 30.30) - Timeliness of Prosecutions and Speedy Trial
- ARTICLE 40 (40.10- 40.50) - Exemption from Prosecution by Reason of Previous Prosecution
- ARTICLE 50 (50.10 - 50.30) - Compulsion of Evidence by Offer of Immunity
- ARTICLE 100 (100.05 - 100.55) - Commencement of Action in Local Criminal Court
- ARTICLE 110 (110.10 - 110.20) - Requiring Defendant`s Appearance in Local Criminal Court for Arraignment
- ARTICLE 120 (120.10 - 120.90) - Warrant of Arrest
- ARTICLE 130 (130.10 - 130.60) - The Summons
- ARTICLE 140 (140.05 - 140.55) - Arrest Without a Warrant
- ARTICLE 150 (150.10 - 150.75) - The Appearance Ticket
- ARTICLE 160 (160.10 - 160.60) - Fingerprinting and Photographing of Defendant after Arrest - Criminal Identification Records and Statistics
- ARTICLE 170 (170.10 - 170.70) - Proceedings upon Information, Simplified Traffic Information, Prosecutor`s Information and Misdemeanor Complaint from Arraignment to Plea
- ARTICLE 180 (180.10 - 180.85) - Proceedings upon Felony Complaint from Arraignment thereon through Disposition thereof
- ARTICLE 182 (182.10 - 182.40) - Alternate method of Court Appearance
- ARTICLE 185 (185.10 - 185.40) - Alternate method of Arraignment
- ARTICLE 190 (190.05 - 190.90) - The Grand Jury and its Proceedings
- ARTICLE 195 (195.10 - 195.40) - Waiver of Indictment
- ARTICLE 200 (200.10 - 200.95) - Indictment and Related Instruments
- ARTICLE 210 (210.05 - 210.50) - Proceedings in Superior Court from Filing of Indictment to Plea
- ARTICLE 215 (215.10 - 215.40) - Adjournment in contemplation of dismissal for purposes of referring selected felonies to dispute resolution
- ARTICLE 216 (216.00 - 216.05) - Judicial Diversion Program for Certain Felony Offenders
230. Removal of Action
250. Pre-trial Notices of Defenses
255. Pre-trial Motions
260. Jury Trial - Generally
270. Jury Trial - Formation and Conduct of Jury
280. Jury Trial - Motion for a Mistrial
290. Jury Trial - Trial Order of Dismissal
300. Jury Trial - Court`s Charge and Instructions to Jury
310. Jury Trial - Deliberation and Verdict of Jury
320. Waiver of Jury Trial and Conduct of Non-Jury Trial
330. Proceedings from Verdict to Sentence
Prosecution of Informations in Local Criminal Courts-Plea to Sentence
Procedures for Securing Attendance at Criminal Actions and Proceedings of Defendants and Witnesses under Control of Court-Recognizance, Bail
- ARTICLE 500 (500.10) - Recognizance, Bail and Commitment-Definitions of Terms.
- ARTICLE 510 (510.10-510.50) - Recognizance, Bail and Commitment-Determination of Application for Recognizance or Bail, Issuance of Securing Orders, and Related Matters.
- ARTICLE 520 (520.10-520.50) - Bail and Bail Bonds.
- ARTICLE 530 (530.10-530.80) - Orders of Recognizance or Bail with Respect to Defendants in Criminal Actions and Proceedings - When and by What Courts Authorized.
- ARTICLE 540 (540.10-540.30) - Forfeiture of Bail and Remission Thereof.
Procedures for Securing Attendance at Criminal Actions and Proceedings of Defendants Not Securable By Conventional Means and Related Matters
- ARTICLE 550 (550.10) - Securing Attendance of Defendants - In General.
- ARTICLE 560 (560.10) - Securing Attendance of Defendants Confined in Institutions Within the State.
- ARTICLE 570 (570.02-570.66) - Securing Attendance of Defendants who are outside the State but within the United States - Rendition to other Jurisdictions of Defendants within the State - Uniform Criminal Extradition Act.
- ARTICLE 580 (580.10-580.30) - Securing Attendance of Defendants Confined as Prisoners in Institutions of Other Jurisdictions of the United States - Rendition to Other Jurisdictions of Persons Confined as Prisoners in this State - Agreement on Detainers.
- ARTICLE 590 (590.10) - Securing Attendance of Defendants who are Outside the United States.
- ARTICLE 600 (600.10-600.20) - Securing Attendance of Corporate Defendants and Related Matters.
- ARTICLE 610 (610.10-610.50) - Securing Attendance of Witnesses by Subpoena.
- ARTICLE 620 (620.10-620.80) - Securing Attendance of Witnesses by Material Witness Order.
- ARTICLE 630 (630.10-630.20) - Securing Attendance as Witnesses of Persons Confined in Institutions Within the State.
- ARTICLE 640 (640.10) - Securing Attendance as Witnesses of Persons at Liberty Outside the State - Rendition to Other Jurisdictions of Witnesses at Liberty within the State - Uniform Act to secure Attendance of Witnesses from Without the State in Criminal Cases.
- ARTICLE 650 (650.10-650.30) - Securing Attendance as Witnesses of Prisoners Confined in Institutions of Other Jurisdictions of the United States - Rendition to Other Jurisdiction of Prisoners Confined in Institutions Within the State.
Procedures for Securing Testimony for Future Use, and for Using Testimony Given in a Prior Proceeding
- ARTICLE 660 (660.10-660.60) - Securing Testimony for Use in a Subsequent Proceeding - Examination of Witnesses Conditionally.
- ARTICLE 670 (670.10-670.20) - Use in a Criminal Proceeding of Testimony Given in a Previous Proceeding.
- ARTICLE 680 (680.10-680.80) - Securing Testimony Outside the State for use in proceeding within the State - Examination of Witnesses on Commission.
Procedures for Securing Evidence by Means of Court Order and for Suppressing Evidence Unlawfully or Improperly Obtained
- ARTICLE 690 (690.05-690.55) - Search Warrants.
- ARTICLE 700 (700.05-700.70) - Eavesdropping and Video Surveillance Warrants.
- ARTICLE 705 (705.00-705.35) - Pen Registers and Trap and Trace Devices.
- ARTICLE 710 (710.10-710.70) - Motion to Suppress Evidence.
- ARTICLE 715 (715.05-715.50) - Destruction of Dangerous Drugs.
NYS Law Web Sites: CityofYonkers.org, CityofYonkersPolice.com, CityofYonkersPolice.org, JMBwebdesigns.com, YonkersPD.org, YonkersPolice.com, YonkersPolice.org firstname.lastname@example.org